For a quicker pasta sauce, omit some of the vegetables and simply “brown” crumbled tofu with onion and garlic. Use a pasta sauce which already has vegetable chunks and cheeses added in.
- 1 pkg Superior Organic Extra Firm Tofu, crumbled
- 1 16oz jar Pasta/Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Each: onion, celery, zucchini, red or green bell pepper, Diced
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet or pan.
2. On medium heat, brown garlic and onions until soft.
3. Crumble well drained tofu and add to pan and brown. Tofu will not change colour but will absorb the other flavours.
4. Remove tofu mixture and set aside.
5. Stir-fry vegetables in a pan until tender. Add mushrooms. Transfer vegetable and tofu mixtures into a large sauce pan.
6. Add canned or bottled pasta sauce and mix well.
7. Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste. Serve with cooked pasta such as spaghetti or linguini.
Categorised in: Dinner