Makes 4-6 Servings
- 1 pkg Savoury Pressed Tofu, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup each Carrots, Red Pepper and Cucumber, julienned
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 115g Rice noodles (pre-cooked)
- 8-10 Spring Roll Rice Papers (circular)
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter (smooth)
- 1/3 cup Water
- 3 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice (from about 1 1/2 medium limes)
- 4 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Siracha
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, mashed to a paste
1. Chop vegetables.
2. In a bowl, mix together all peanut sauce ingredients until smooth.
3. Heat a pan over medium heat and add enough cooking oil to cover the bottom. Add sliced tofu and 1 tbsp soy sauce, stir-fry until all tofu is evenly coated (approx 3min). Remove from skillet and set aside.
4. Blanch rice noodles in a pot and drain water. Leave a little bit of water in the pot so the noodles do not stick together. Set aside.
5. In a shallow dish large enough to fit the rice paper poor in some hot water. Put rice paper in to soften (10-15sec).
6. Transfer rice paper to a clean damp surface. To the bottom third of the wrapper add a small handful of noodles and layer carrots, bell peppers, cucumber, tofu and cilantro. Gently fold over the left and right sides, then fold the bottom up and continue rolling until seam is sealed.
7. Place seam-side down on a serving platter and cover with damp warm towel to keep fresh. Repeat until all fillings are used up – about 8-10 spring rolls total. Serve with peanut sauce and enjoy!
Categorised in: Soups & Appetizers