Try this classic with a vegetarian twist!
- 1 pkg Superior Organic Extra Firm Tofu
- 4 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Rice vinegar
- 4 tsp Olive oil
- 2 cups Water chestnuts, diced
- 1 1/3 cup Mixed mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup White onion, diced
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 8 Iceberg lettuce leaves
- Hoisin sauce to taste
1. Cut tofu into tiny cubes and arrange in a lidded dish to be marinated. Combine brown sugar, soy sauce and rice vinegar in a small bowl. Pour over tofu. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour; I usually leave it overnight.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, water chestnuts, mushrooms, onion, and garlic and cook until vegetables are tender.
3. Dissolve 1 Tsp brown sugar in 1 Tsp soy sauce and add to pan. Saute until well mixed and heated through. Spoon mixture into lettuce leaf “bowls”.
4. Add hoisin sauce as desired.
Categorised in: Soups & Appetizers