Light, simple and fresh!
- 1 pkg SUPERIOR TOFU Organic Extra Firm or Pressed Tofu
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped roughly
- small pkg of snow peas
- medium pkg of Shanghai bok choy
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 4 cups cooked rice
Makes 4 servings
1. Remove the tofu from the liquid in the package. Pat dry with a clean, lint-free dishcloth or a few paper towels. Once the excess moisture has been pressed out, cut the tofu into ¾ to 1-inch cubes.
2. In a bowl, season the tofu cubes with a pinch of salt. Sprinkle a tablespoon of cornstarch over top and then toss to coat. Repeat with the second tablespoon of cornstarch.
3.Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium flame. Once the skillet and oil are hot, add the tofu cubes and fry until golden brown and crispy on all sides. Place the fried tofu in a large bowl.
4. After rinsing the snow peas and Shanghai bok choy, cut bok choy up into bite sized pieces. Add the onions, snow peas and bok choy to the bowl with the tofu. Pour ⅓ to ½ cup sweet chili sauce over top, then stir until everything is well coated in the sauce.
5. To build the bowls, start with one cup cooked rice, then add ¼ of the tofu and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle the sliced green onion, chopped cilantro, and sesame seeds over top. Enjoy!