Best served with a side of rice
- 2 SUPERIOR TOFU Silken Tofu Tubes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Cornstarch (mix with 4 tsp of water)
- 2 slices Ginger
- A small bundle of Chinese chives
Makes 3-4 servings
1. Cut the tofu into 1″ thick rounds. Place tofu on pan/plate you will be steaming it in. Set aside
2. In a pan, stir-fry the ginger to bring out the flavour. Then add the salt, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch mixture. Cook until well mixed then pour on top of the tofu.
3. Steam tofu for 20 minutes.
4. For plating, make sure each tofu has a nice spoonful of sauce on top. Finish with a couple of strands of Chinese chives.