Light, simple and fresh!
- 1 pkg SUPERIOR TOFU Organic Extra Firm or Pressed Tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar, plus more if needed
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, plus more if needed
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Makes 4 servings
1. Put the soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, brown sugar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, garlic and 1/3 cup of the olive oil into a blender. Blend until completely emulsified. Taste the dressing and adjust to your taste, adding more vinegar or sugar as needed. Pour half of the dressing into a jar and refrigerate for the salad.
2. Put the tofu cubes into a bowl and pour over the remaining dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
3. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the tofu on all sides until nicely browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Toss in the sesame seeds and cook for another minute. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
4. To assemble the salad, put the sliced cucumber and tofu in a bowl. Pour on half the remaining dressing, reserving the rest for later use. Toss to coat. Then sprinkle on the sesame seeds and toss again. Serve immediately.
Categorised in: Soups & Appetizers