Nothing warms up a day like Korean Soft Tofu Stew, try it with or without seafood and egg.
- 1 pkg Superior Tofu Silken Tube Tofu
- 1/3 lb Clams cleaned
- 1/2 Small onion diced
- 1 Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp Chili oil
- 1 tbsp Chili flakes
- 1/2 pk Enoki mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup Anchovy stock*
- 1/2 Red chili sliced
- 1/2 Asian leek sliced
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce or fish sauce
- 1 Egg
- Anchony Stock
- 6 Dried large anchovies
- 2 Slices of dried sea kelp
- 2 cups Water
1. Heat chili oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. Saute beef, onion, garlic with chili flakes until beef is browned and the onion becomes translucent. Add Anchovy stock to the pot. Let it boil for 1-2 minutes.
2. Cut the tofu package and squeeze out the tofu into the pot. Make sure you keep the tofu in big chunks. Add clams and let the stew boil for 1 minute. You will see the clams starting to open. Add the mushrooms, chilies, and leeks. Season with Korean soy sauce or fish sauce.
3. Crack one egg and add it to the pot. Cover the lid and turn off the stove heat. The heat inside of the pot will cook the egg. if you want to cook the egg completely, just keep the heat on for 1 more minute.
4. Taste it first and adjust seasoning by adding salt and pepper. You can drop a tiny bit of sesame oil if you like.
5. Serve with hot bowl of rice and make sure you have a napkin with you.
6. For the anchovy stock, combine all in a pot, cover, and let it boil for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it sit for 20 minutes covered. Remove the anchovies and the sea kelp.