Simple ingredients and great flavour!
- 1 pkg SUPERIOR TOFU Smooth Medium Firm Tofu
- ½ pound ground pork
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 3 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup of chicken stock
Makes 3-4 servings
1. Before cutting the tofu into cubes, wrap the block of tofu in two to three paper towels and let sit for 5-10 minutes to absorb the moisture from the tofu.
2. While waiting for the tofu, cut the green onions, and mince the garlic and ginger. Set aside until ready to use.
3. Remove the tofu from the paper towels and cut into cubes. I usually like to cut into 1 inch cubes. In a pot of boiling water, blanch the cubes of tofu for about 30 seconds, then drain. This will help to keep them from breaking apart when stir frying later on. Set aside.
4. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok until hot but not smoking. Add the minced garlic and ginger and stir fry until fragrant, about 10-15 seconds.
5. Add the ground pork and stir fry until it is just starting to brown, but not yet dry. Season the meat with soy sauce then gently add the tofu and slowly mix everything together being careful not to break the tofu.
6. Pour in the cup of chicken stock and let it reduce down. About 4-5 minutes.
7. Mix 1 tablespoon of corn starch with two tablespoons of water. Add to the mixture and gently stir until the sauce thickens.
8. Pour into a serving plate and garnish with the chopped green onions.