Utilize silken tofu in this awesome recipe.
- 2/3 cup Superior Silken Tofu
- 1 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 2 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C for 15 mins. Lightly grease and line the muffin tin with paper liners. Also spray the paper liners lightly so that you can peel off the cupcakes easily.
2. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Blend together all the wet ingredients except water.
4. Pour the wet mixture to the flour and combine until just moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips too. If you feel that the batter is too tight add 1 to 2 tablespoons water.
5. Fill each muffin cup 2/3rds full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. I checked after 16 minutes but the cupcakes were not done; the batter was sticking. Another 4 minutes did the trick for me.
6.Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Do not leave it in the tin for more than 5 minutes.
Categorised in: Baking & Desserts